This weekend I made an even better version than my last. The new ones were even more chewy and did not crumble as easily. They could be cut in half and loaded up with homemade strawberry jam or honey. Making these brought back memories of when I could eat them from KFC or McDonald’s. Next time I am going to make them into breakfast sandwiches loaded with sausage, eggs and cheese. YUM! Unfortunately, they went so fast that I didn’t even get a chance to take a photo.
GF Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups sorghum flour mix
- 4 teaspoons guar gum
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cups cold butter, diced into small chunks
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place the first six ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until blended.
- Sprinkle the butter cubes evenly over the flour mixture, cover, and pulse until the mixture become crumbly.
- Pour the buttermilk evenly over the mixture. Pulse until the dough becomes a moist clump. Make sure all of the flour mixture from the bottom is mixed properly.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop up 18 biscuits and place on cookie sheet. Dip a glass cup into flour and press the biscuits down slightly.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush tops of biscuits with butter. Enjoy!
Sorghum flour mix: 2 parts sorghum flour to 1 part tapioca flour