Like I said in my last post, I have cut sugar out of my diet. Fully supported by my ND! There is an awesome site that I love https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com and she just happens to have some super chocolaty recipes that don’t have any sugar in them. This one for Lara Bars is my newest chocolate obsession. My daughter with the super sweet tooth says it isn’t sweet enough but after 3 days of no sugar I think it tastes awesome and plenty sweet enough! Next time I am going to add some chunky almond butter. Yummers!!!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/3 cups pitted dates
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 T cocoa powder (I use raw cocoa powder)
- optional: a pinch of salt
Blend all the ingredients, using a food processor. Form into balls. It might help to put dough in a plastic bag and close the bag, then shape into a ball.
Some substitutions/additions that would be super yummy:
- 1 tbl almond butter
- mint extract instead of vanilla
- almonds instead of walnuts
- 1 tsp instant coffee to create a mocha flavor