Who doesn’t love no-bake cookies? Before the introduction of GF oats I couldn’t eat these, they always gave me a stomach ache. Now, I can make them as often as I want. I always make mine with old fashioned oats. I love the chewy texture and those following the GF diet need as much fiber as possible because it tends to be low on the daily fiber requirements.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups GF oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan bring sugar, cocoa, margarine, milk, and salt to a boil for 1 minute.
- Add oats, peanut butter, and vanilla; mix well.
- Working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper, and let cool.
Cooks Note: Sometimes I use my instant oatmeal mix in place of the plain oats. With the cinnamon it gives the cookies a slightly Mexican hot chocolate taste which my family loves.